JOIN OUR ACCOUNTING TEAM.
Do work you are passionate about while helping the small businesses in the Bay Area. Apply to our open position now!
Payroll-Easy, a certified public accountancy company established in 1987, is currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Accountant to join our dynamic team. Located in South San Francisco, our firm specializes in providing payroll, accounting, tax, and entity formation services to small to medium-sized businesses in the Bay Area. Our mission is to offer business owners comprehensive and personalized services that alleviate their financial burdens.
As an Accountant at Payroll-Easy, you will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare income tax returns for clients, both individuals and business entities, in compliance with Federal and state laws and regulations and provide tax advisory, strategy, and planning services to clients.
- Advise clients on the best strategies to maximize tax savings based on current financial circumstances. After entering clients’ tax documents, use best judgment to calculate the total taxes due or refund would be required.
- Advise clients tax saving strategies such as properly deferring income, and accelerating deductions and expenses at the year end, purchasing of new property or equipment, setting up Individual retirement plans, and other possible income tax savings strategies.
- Prepare income tax projection and planning analysis for individual clients using UltraTax CS. Review clients’ current year tax situation and results and implement the current year’s tax strategies, clients will be provided a detailed projection for next year and be advised on how to make the proper and accurate estimated tax payments.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual general ledger accounting services to business clients to meet their needs for timely accurate financial data on which to manage, make financial decisions about their business.
- Provide compilation and preparation of financial statement engagement services to clients needing periodic and annual financial statements.
- Advise business clients on generally accepted accounting principles, analyze various transactions, research appropriate accounting treatment, and prepare written reports and recommendations to clients.
- Recognize accounting and reporting issues, record various types of transactions in the general ledger, and communicate these recordings to clients either verbally or in writing. Also, seek the opportunities to improve clients’ operations and reporting systems to meet management needs and will summarize, evaluate and report data, and develop recommendations to management.
- Prepare, review, and file monthly and quarterly sales taxes. Review clients’ 3rd party sales and confirm the commission, tax rate, and the net payout. Use Microsoft Excel to group calculated the net sales of companies all transactions and if the clients provide the gross sales, then need to use the gross sales divided by the city sales tax rate to get the net sales. Compare the deposits in bank statements and make sure to submit the sales taxes on the 24th of the following month and the quarterly sales tax return due at the end of the following month of a quarter.
- Review year-end bookkeeping records to comply with accounting standards. Review all transactions recorded in the bookkeeping process and reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting, and analyzing account information using QuickBooks.
- Review the sales taxes, payroll for employees and employers, independent contractors (1099), cash paid out, and payroll liability. Use QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop to perform this review.
- Prepare financial statements for clients based on the previously done bookkeeping process. After identifying transactions, recording transactions, adjusting journal entries, preparing closing entries, financial statements can be generated. A balance sheet can be prepared by using the formula Asset equals liabilities plus the shareholder’s equity.
- Prepare Profit Loss Statement by listing revenue, expenditure, cost of goods sold, and net income from journal entries prepared before.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Business Administration, Commerce or other closely related field of concentration.
- Good knowledge of Accounting GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Detail-Oriented and attentiveness
- Time management and organizational skills
- Good communications skills and works well with other
Competitive salary $87,984 - 130,000 annually
Health insurance and Cafeteria Plan
Where To Apply
Send resume by mail only to HR:
Net Resourcing, LLC dba Payroll-Easy,
1475 Huntington Ave., Ste. 101,
South San Francisco,
Post Date: June 20th 2023